Banks Law Group: Tractor Trailer Accident Attorneys
If you have been involved in an automobile collision with a tractor-trailer, you may be entitled to recover monetary damages from the other driver, your own insurance company, or the motor carrier under which the truck operates. Following an automobile accident, it is important that you act quickly to ensure that your rights are preserved. The Banks Law Group’s team of tractor trailer accident attorneys is experienced in assisting injured drivers and passengers with securing their rights following a car accident. Contact the Banks Law Group, to speak with an experienced tractor trailer accident attorney if you or someone you love has been injured in a tractor trailer accident.
In accidents involving tractor-trailers, the tractor trailer accident attorneys at the Banks Law Group, know how to identify all the available sources of insurance coverage, including UIM and UM policies, motor carrier policies, umbrella policies, and, in some cases, even homeowner’s insurance. Let the experienced tractor trailer accident attorneys at the Banks Law Group work for you to establish the fault of the other driver, prove the extent of your injuries, and ensure adequate proceeds to pay the settlement for your case.
- If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, the best advice is to stay calm. Then:
- If you’ve been injured, contact 9-1-1 immediately for medical assistance.
- If you’re able, move your bike to a safe place and activate your hazard lights.
- Contact the police – even if the accident is minor.
- Get the other driver’s information, including his/her:
- driver’s license number, insurance provider and policy number, license plate and registration information, etc.
- Do not sign or admit to anything – even if you believe you may have been at fault.
- Take notes and pictures, if possible, to refresh your memory later.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Contact one of the experienced Tractor Trailer Accident Attorneys at the Banks Law Group. 844-815-9632
Injuries associated with a tractor trailer accident are as varied as the accidents themselves. However, there are several common types of accident injuries. They range in severity from the relatively minor, which will heal on their own in a few days, to the extreme: loss of life. Even a minor accident may result in permanent damage and disability.
- Lacerations & Contusions. Minor cuts and bruises will resolve within a few days of injury; but deeper lacerations may require surgical repair and result in permanent scarring. Deep bruises, similarly, may be more serious hematomas, which can last for years.
- Fractures. Broken bones are a common result of a motorcycle accident. A simple breaks will generally be treated with casting followed by physical therapy to strengthen the surrounding muscles in order to regain strength and full range of motion. More serious breaks, such as a compound fracture where the broken bone erupts through the skin, may require surgery to repair. You may require an orthopedic specialist to ensure full recovery.
- Spinal Injuries. Whiplash is caused when your head and/or neck are moved forcibly outside their normal range of motion. While whiplash can resolve in a matter of days, it may also trigger serious neck problems, either by itself or by aggravating a pre-existing condition. Spinal injuries can result in intense pain, referred pain and numbness in your limbs and face, and permanent or temporary paralysis.
- Internal Injuries. The impact of the crash may cause damage to your internal organs. These injuries are serious and should be treated promptly.
- Concussions & Traumatic Brain Injuries. Any blow to the head may cause swelling in the brain. These injuries are not always noticeable, and if you believe that you struck your head in a collision, you should inform the medical responders immediately. Symptoms from such injuries do not always manifest themselves immediately, and you may require monitoring to ensure that you did not suffer more serious damage.
- If you were injured by the negligence of another driver, each of these injuries can be serious enough to warrant compensation. Contact the Banks Law Group, to ensure that you are fully compensated for your injuries. Our team of tractor trailer accident attorneys can assist you every step of the way.
If you’ve been injured in a tractor trailer collision, you may be entitled to the recovery of monetary damages from the negligent driver. This is done by proving that the accident was the fault of the other driver. Proof of negligence is essential. The experienced tractor trailer accident attorneys at the Banks Law Group, know the importance of identifying and contacting witnesses, interviewing police officers and other first responders, and, when necessary, retaining accident reconstruction experts.
Accident-related medical expenses and wage loss benefits are considered “no fault” damages, and are covered by your own insurance company regardless of the cause of the accident. Benefits for pain and suffering and other non-economic losses are “fault”-based, and the negligent driver is responsible for compensating the victim for his/her losses.
After establishing that the other driver is liable for your injuries, the next step is to demonstrate and quantify the seriousness of those injuries. This is done by compiling the records of your crash-related medical treatment and contacting your doctors. It may even be necessary to retain economists, doctors, or life-care planners as experts to fully explain and document the extent of your injuries. The tractor trailer accident attorneys at Banks Law Group, will handle all of these matters for you, in order to ensure that you are compensated for all of your injuries.
Even a simple motorcycle accident can present many complex issues of both law and fact. Contact one of the experienced tractor trailer accident attorneys at the Banks Law Group, to ensure that your rights are protected.